Conway CD Release Show
On Saturday, July 23 I had a super good day. It was my CD Release Show in Conway Arkansas, and it was super good for several reasons:
- My old friends + bandmates, Ben & Hitoshi were in town. I really enjoy playing music with them.
- My husband was off work. (For the whole week, even!)
- There was a storm brewing. Normally this would make for a not so perfect day. But the storm totally skipped us and created a cloud cover that made the weather here a million times more enjoyable than than it has been the past few weeks. (But I learned that Arkansans will come to a backyard party, in the middle of July whether it is threatening to rain, or whether it is as hot as a furnace).
- I got to play the songs from my new CD to a full gathering of friendly, loving folks in the most amazing backyard house concert setting ever.
- I got to hang out with all my friends after the show.
- Then at the end of the night, I was in my own home, in my own bed, and I still got to rock my baby to sleep.
For me, life does not get much sweeter than this. It was a super good day. Thank you to EVERYONE who attended the Conway CD Release House Concert at The Johnston’s home. You are incredibly special to me.
All Photos courtesy of Lance Johnston Photography